What are you going to write about for X1? What most excites you about this project? What most worries you?
Parataxis and Hypotaxis
- Cantú, p.3
- Dumitrescu, p.57
- A hyphen separates parts of words; a dash separates parts of sentences
- Shift + option + hyphen
- Use as a parenthesis (Lamott xiv),, or as an afterthought (xv).
- Colons move forward; dashes move backwards (xix). [Lamott M-Dash]
- Tues, 2/14, 10:00 AM: Post X1 to your Google Drive folder. Please save your writing as a Microsoft Word document, and title it “Lastname X1”.
- Wed, 2/13, class: Go back through the essays we’ve read so far in Franzen. Identify a strong passage—no more than a ¶ long—of paratactic prose that you admire.