Notes From Our Last Class
Moment of Zen
Jane Relaford Brown, “Emily Dickinson Attends a Writing Workshop”
Developing an Observation-Based Draft
With thanks to Sam C and Jess P
- What strategies does the author use in depicting the scene or event they are observing?
- How might the author organize the details of their piece to suggest a perspective or point of view?
- Mon, 3/06, class: Read these “Talk of the Town’ pieces from the 2/27/2017 issue of The New Yorker: Jeffrey Toobin, Andrew Marantz, Sheila Marikar, and Michael Schulman. I’d like to talk about them as examples of nonfiction drawing on conversations with other people.
- Tues, 3/07: 10:00 AM: Post R2 to your group folder on Google Drive.
- Wed, 3/08, 10:00 AM: Post comments on the essays by your writing group.
- Wed, 3/08, class: Come ready to participate in our second workshop!