Ideas for X3
Fastwrite: Jot down some notes about the person(s) you plan to talk with for X3. Have you contacted him or her? When and where will you meet? What interests you about this person? What questions do you plan to ask them?
I’d like us to look at three passages in Franzen to consider the question of how the voice of the reader can come through in critical prose. Please read each of the following passages and then take some notes on one that you’d especially like to talk about:
- Comey, “honeymoon” in the OED, p. 33
- Harrison, translating Sappho, pp. 79–80
- Williams, reading Cole reading Baldwin, pp. 298–99
- Wed, 3/15, and Fri, 3/17: No class! Do the legwork for X3.
- Fri, 3/17, 10:00 AM: Post your X3 to your Google Drive folder.
- Mon, 3/20: Also no class! But come to your one-on-one conference with me ready to talk about your work, plans, and questions.
- Wed, 3/22, and Fri, 3/24: Workshop 3. This will be the last workshop before the final version of Essay One (E1) is due on Tues, 4/04.