New Readings (X6)
- Jason Green. 2017, Death Is Real”. Pitchfork. (Janel)
- Laurie Clements Lambeth. “The Three-Legged Dog Who Carried Me”. New York Times. (Joe)
What is the idea behind these two pieces?
What is striking about their execution?
- Mon, 4/10, class: (a) Survey the “Hook Award” essays listed by David Brooks (Part 1 and Part 2). Pick one that you find particularly striking, and be ready to talk about why in class. (b) What text do you plan to respond to for X4 (due Thurs, 4/13)? What interests or provokes you about this text?
- Mon, 4/10, class: Create a free account on WordPress.com.
- Wed, 4/12, class: Class reading picks from . . .
- Thurs, 4/13, 10:00 am: Post X4 to your individual folder on Google Drive.